Every week, we ask some of the best game development minds five questions in a feature we are calling Develop:Five. This week, Jonathan Smith from Traveller’s Tales answers our five question blog feature.
1. What’s your earliest memory of playing video games?
Pounding aliens with a spade in "Space Panic". Dig-anywhere gameplay 30 years before Minecraft.
2. What are you most excited or annoyed about in the games industry today?
I'm hoping to see Switch players colonising public spaces with portable social multi-player fun. The more videogames are visible in the real world, the better.
3. Tell us about a life-changing or special moment you've had at Develop:Brighton in the past - it could be an inspiring talk, someone you met or something that happened to change your career or business? Or something else completely!
Develop: Brighton is always a highlight of the year. And I've seen... things... you wouldn't believe. One standout moment was watching David Braben and Dave Jones play GTA and Elite (respectively), two games I've loved dearly.
4. What are you most looking forward to at Develop:Brighton 2017?
5. Which game developer would you most like to meet and why?
Miyamoto, to say thank you.
|Jonathan Smith is Head of Production and Strategic Director at TT Games, and a member of the Develop:Brighton Advisory Board.|
Share on Social Media #DevelopFive
Find out more about Develop:Brighton here